Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Things Go Wrong In SPAAAAAACE! Movie Review: Gravity

     This is my first attempt at a movie review, and as I do more and more I will (hopefully) get better and better at them. In other words, if it sucks: let me know what I can do to improve. Oh and I will warn you right now SPOILER ALERT.

    Movie Review #1: Gravity

Space Sandra Bullock and Space George Clooney...in SPAAAACE


      The other weekend I made a spur of the moment decision to go see the new movie "Gravity" starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. If it hadn't been one of those spur of the moment things, I probably wouldn't have gone to see it, as its really not my type of movie. But after I saw it, I was fairly glad that I did.

Plot: 4 out of 5.
     The plot of the movie was good, but not amazing. I was entertained, it kept me actually wondering what would happen next, etc etc etc. I really did like the aspect of the entire movie (minus one scene) in space. However, I did get a feel much like that of how I felt while I watched "Armageddon":  WHY IS EVERYTHING GOING WRONG? I mean, seriously, how many things went wrong for these astronauts?! Too many

Character Development: 3 out of 5.
     I felt the character development was lacking in the fact we only had 2 characters in the entire movie. Okay, yeah, there's one other guy who's there for like the first 10 minutes, but then he dies and we never hear any more about him. And I also felt like I didn't really click with the protagonist, Dr. Stone, but maybe that's just me. I did love Kowalski though, you can't NOT love him. Adds some much needed comedy and heart to the movie.

Graphics: 5 out of 5.
     I'm not going to lie, I hate Imax and 3-d movies. That being said, this is the kind of movie I wish I would have seen in  Imax and 3-d. Anyway, the graphics were stunning, the views gorgeous, and there were some very creative point of view shots. All in all, some of the best graphics I've seen in a realistic fiction movie. 

Acting: 4 out of 5.
     The acting was well done. Again, good but not amazing. I have no complaints, but nothing to rave about, with the exception of George Clooney. Absolutely did a perfect job in this. In fact, I liked his character more than the protagonist.

Overall: 80 out 0f 100

No comments:

Post a Comment